All about Personal Branding
Have you ever noticed why certain individuals in the same field rise out from nowhere to a successful prominence? They get all the media attention and their keynotes are at top conferences attracting the best clients. Are they just smarter than the rest of us? Or, do they have tremendous personal branding strategies that we don’t?
Visible experts and buyers of their services develop the market in their brand. Many developers admit that they aren’t the smartest or most knowledgeable in their fields, but tried tools and techniques to improve their branding. Here are some strategies that will help you to grow your brand:
Personal Branding Strategies
Personal branding strategies are a plan that takes your career from relatively normal to high visibility. It improves where you stand today and how to achieve visibility in the future. Personal branding strategies are strongly based on content marketing.
The Five levels of visibility
The five progressive visible levels by experts are:
Level 1. Resident Experts: The experts have been well respected by their clients in their firms, but with a little visibility in those audiences. Most of them start their journey with these Resident Experts.
Level 2. Local Heroes: They begin to be known outside their firms. Local business communities, speaking at business functions and blogging will be more active for them.
Level 3. Rising Stars: These individuals have built a regional reputation. They tend to bring high-quality businesses in their area and charge high fees.
Level 4. Industry Rock Stars: They are well known across the nation in their firms. They attract premium clients and become significant assets to their firms.
Level 5. Global Superstars: They have broken out of their niches and become more recognizable globally in their industry.
Figure out which of these levels describes you. Then decide which level of expertise you would like to achieve.
Skills You’ll Need on Your Journey
Writing: If you’re a good writer, you must be able to produce clear, nontechnical prose that’s a pleasure to read. But if you aren’t an excellent writer, you have two options: learn to write clear, plain English prose or work with an experienced writer or editor.
Public Speaking: Experts are comfortable speaking directly to their target audience and fellow professionals. You shouldn’t have a fear of public speaking, as it reduces your chances of conquering.
Blogging: You will need to handle the mechanics of getting your posts online. It’s not that difficult to learn to blog, but a necessary one to do.
SEO: Search Engine Optimization is a fundamental strategy to maintain an entire discipline.
Email Marketing: This is different from personal emails. You need to subscribe to an email service provider to get advanced features, such as personalization, segmentation, and automated drip campaigns.
- Determine where you are today
- Before you begin your ascent, know where you are and how you need to start achieving your goals.
- Identify your specialized area of expertise
- The more you expertise, the easier your rise will be.
- Define your audience
- Who is interested in your services? What will influence your buyers? The answers to these questions are the people for whom you post your blogs. It will help you stay connected to your clients and attract your audience.
- Access your skills
- This is the most challenging part of your strategy, because it’s hard to know one’s own strengths and weaknesses. Be an excellent writer and a good public speaker.
- Enhance your bio/build your website
- Add credibility to your bio which boosts your credibility. That includes articles you’ve written and speeches you’ve delivered. Anything that convinces your reader that you’re the real deal.
- Set aside time to work on your new skills every day
- Working on your new skills is the most effective way to tackle long-term projects. Remember this is a business commitment, not a hobby.