Search engines are mini-interviewers. While looking for information, a search engine interviews us. These search engines influence our search and direct us. Although user behavior is a shift of focus, user behavior is dynamic. Behavior analytics is a new advancement to analyze the insights of the users on e-commerce platforms. The search rankings are heavily influenced by user behavior on the search engine. In this era of search, it’s not sufficient to know about the ranking. There is a need to understand the operating environment of those signals, and with the growing knowledge of users, they become better searchers.
To manipulate user behavior, the best way is to optimize the content accordingly. The main focus of content marketers and search engine optimizations must be on the long-tail keywords. Also, search engine algorithms have been changed in a user-friendly manner.
User Behaviors Which Influences a Search Engine:
Clicks and Post-Clicks Behavior
According to Google, the signals gathered to rank a page is not through Google analytics. Google also knows about the site searched by the user, time spent by the user on a particular site, and the next user search. Some of the significant possibilities used by Google are as follows:
- If a searcher checks into a website and returns quickly to another link, it indicates the searcher’s query is correct, but the results shown are wrong. Thus a negative relevance signal for the page would be sent.
- If a searcher checks into a website and spends some ample amount of time, then returns and clicks another link, it indicates that the searcher is satisfied and is looking for more information. Thus a positive relevance signal for the page would be sent.
- If a searcher checks into your website and then after sometime refines their query, it indicates that the searcher is not sure what they need. Thus no good or lousy relevance signals would be sent.
- If a searcher checks into your website and completely changes their query, it indicates they were successful in finding the required information, and they have moved in search of a new task. Thus, a positive relevance signal for the page would be sent.
Reviews influence the user’s behavior densely. Users generally have more trust in other people’s reviews. The searchers are likely to become informed about the information they wanted through discussions. How does this review mechanism work?
- Good reviews about a product of service.
- It will contribute to high rankings and more number of stars.
- It will initially increase the click-through rate
This review algorithm helps the users to know about the product/service.
Google Analytics is one of the trending ways to know about a user’s behavior on a particular website. It also helps to build the ranking signals. One could use Google analytics to know about:
- How websites are used.
- The structure of a successful and unsuccessful website.
- Understanding the interaction of users with the website.
Google Analytics is a tool that simplifies machine learning. It makes it feasible for the websites to satisfy a searcher’s intent.
Here we have seen how user behavior can influence a search engine as the user’s actions can widely impact the search signals.